Let´s talk about Coconut benefits
by Kathy Gámez
Obviously is a delicious fruit, i love to eat it with panela, but it also has a lot of benefits for health so i want to share with you a little bit more about coconut.
The coconut is known as a ‘wonder food’. It is a near perfect diet, as it contains almost all the essential nutrients needed by the human body. It is also considered a sacred fruit and holds a very high place in all religious ceremonies.
The coconut is a highly nourishing, strengthening and fattening food miracle. It has a high oil content which is easily digestible. The protein content of coconut is of high quality containing all amino acids. It is also rich in potassium, sodium, magnesium and sulphur. The energy value of the dried coconut is very high.
The coconut has several natural benefits and curative properties. As food it is most valuable before it matures. Its jelly like tender kernel contains enzymes and is easily digestible.
The coconut is an ancient and very effective remedy for intestinal worms of all kinds. The mature died coconut is valuable in the treatment of acidity. The tender kernel is highly beneficial in the treatment of digestive system disorders. Tender coconut water is useful in the treatment of cholera as well as in urinary disorders. The oil extracted from the flesh of the ripe coconut is an effective dressing for burns and scalds. It is of great value in the preparation of ointments as it penetrates the skin readily.
The water of the green coconut is a wonderful thirst quencher. It is cool, exhilarant, nutritious and diuretic. It contains sufficient sugar in an easily assimilable form. It is an excellent tonic for health. It contains vitamins C and B as well as sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulphur and chlorine.
- Warm approximately 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in microwave.
- Using circular motions, rub onto dry skin.
- Place a hot, moist towel over the skin and let sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse off face but don’t wash off the oil. It will soak deep into the skin within an hour or so.
- If you tend to have very dry skin, mix a few drops of rose or jasmine essential oils into the coconut oil before using.
- If you have oily skin, peppermint and orange essential oils will help remove excess oil from the skin.
Thus the coconut palm is rightly said to be a multipurpose gift of nature and the coconut touches our lives in various ways.
10 Oct 2016 - Belleza